How do I use an SC1 ?

I would like some help please on how to use an SC1 modified Philips spc900nc webcam. I havent got a clue how to use it in LX mode, but can use it in normal avi video mode.

Have just got the cam back from Astronomiser and notice that there are now 2 leads, one is a parallel connector, for which I have a converter cable to usb, as there are only usb ports on my laptop.

Do I need need both cables plugged in for LX mode?

Please help me figure out how to use it as I am itching to get out and take some long exposures with my NexStar 8 SE. Cheers, Paul.

Hi Paul , sorry i don't know the answer to your question as i'm a total newb, but would like to butt in and ask is it possible to do long exposures with the Alt/Azimuth mount on the Nexstar scopes ? I have the 4SE and everything i've read states it's no good for long exposures ?

Hi Paul , sorry i don't know the answer to your question as i'm a total newb, but would like to butt in and ask is it possible to do long exposures with the Alt/Azimuth mount on the Nexstar scopes ? I have the 4SE and everything i've read states it's no good for long exposures ?

I agree that Alt- Az is not ideal for LX, but surely should be ok for up to 30 seconds with de-rotation software?

You don't need derotation software, the stacking program (DSS) will take care of rotation between frames, the only thing is to work out how long you can go an push it. I've been able to image for up to 2 minutes in AltAz, low in the East. I don't know how it's saved, that will depend on the app in use.

There's a couple of things that you need to know:

1. The parallel port connector that you need is NOT a normal connector. Astronomiser sell the correct one.

2. The LX mod with the USB-parallel connector will NOT work with K3CCDTools v1. Version 3 is OK or, as John has said, WxAstroCapture.

Steve

There's a couple of things that you need to know:

1. The parallel port connector that you need is NOT a normal connector. Astronomiser sell the correct one.

2. The LX mod with the USB-parallel connector will NOT work with K3CCDTools v1. Version 3 is OK or, as John has said, WxAstroCapture.

Steve

Have now figured out how to work it, what a cool piece of kit. Would still like to know what settings to use i.e. Gamma, Gain etc.

And that's why my pc kept crashing! (K3CCDtools v1 is no good for LX) but WxAstroCapture works a treat.

Archived