Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Imaging using Canon 1000D

I want to try imaging using my Canon 1000D with my Celestron cpc 925 and want to control it all on my pc.

My question is how much control do you have? Also can I run signals over a 15m lengh?

I know that the scope is not really ideal being on ALT/AZ mount but just thought I would have a go at Mars and Saturn, if the skies ever clear!

Thanks Alan

Celestron cpc 925

Celestron Nextstar 6se

Vixen/Televue EPs

Canon 1000D

Hi Alan,

If you can attach the camera to the scopes focuser via the necessary adaptors, you can set the camera to manual mode, and adjust the iso and exposure settings to suit whichever body you are imaging. The exposure can be set via the EOS Software, The shutter release can be done via the EOS software, assuming you have a laptop, and if the usb run is long and via a powered hub, it should work OK. You may need an Active USB2 Extension cable, but try with what you have first.

Hope this helps.

The camera has a Bulb mode for exposures over 30 seconds, but you wont need that for the moon or planets

Ron.:)

Archived