Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

trying to connect t-ring and t adapter need help

hi guys i recently bought a t ring and t adapter.i have connected them to my canon 1000d but cant view the image.my telescope is a 80/500 refractor and image through live view seem to be inverted.

i can i rectify this invertion and also when i reduce the shutter speed to1/1000 the output becomes blackish and dull and when i make it like 1/20 or 1/10 it remains bright.what is this.i wanted to take pics of birds and aeroplanes but cant do it.

Neelam, the scope is an f/6.25. So operating as a camera lens, you need to allow an appropriate exposure for the light with that basis. I would expect that at 1/1000 second you're shutter speed is way to high for the available light.

The Liveview display gives you an approximation of the actual exposure levels that the camera will record with the settings you have, setting a slow shutter speed is going to let in too much light, and will cause you problems with subject movement on birds and planes.

For what you're wanting to shoot, you need to be aiming for a shutter speed of at least 1/125 s, ideally 1/250 s. Given the fixed f stop of the scope, you only have control of the shutter speed and the ISO. Probably you're best bet is to set the shutter speed to 1/125 and the ISO to Auto and let the camera work out the correct ISO for the shutter speed. Take some tests and see if you have an image that you're happy with (sharp and detailed where you want it etc), if not, then up the shutter speed and hope that the combination of AUTO ISO and the light available is sufficient to get a reasonable exposure.

Also, make sure the camera is set to RAW, it'll use more space, but allow you more leeway in recovering the exposure if the light gets outside what can be achieved.

Good luck, look forward to seeing the results.

Archived