Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Tripod mounting for compact binos

Evening all :)

I have a pair of Bushnell H20 8X42 compact binos which are pretty decent but I'm having trouble finding a suitable tripod mounting system for them.

Unfortunately, they don't have a screw thread between the barrels so I can't make use of a standard £10 tripod adaptor.

I found this:

ScopeTeknix Tripod mounting support for compact binoculars

Has anyone tried this bino mount...?

I'm concerned that as soon as the velcro strap is tightened down onto the bino to hold it steady, the interocular distance will change as the binos are effectively squashed flat...any help from users of this mount or alternative suggestions would be great.

Clear skies

• 1 month later...
Evening all ;)

I have a pair of Bushnell H20 8X42 compact binos which are pretty decent but I'm having trouble finding a suitable tripod mounting system for them.

Unfortunately, they don't have a screw thread between the barrels so I can't make use of a standard £10 tripod adaptor.

I found this:

ScopeTeknix Tripod mounting support for compact binoculars

Has anyone tried this bino mount...?

I'm concerned that as soon as the velcro strap is tightened down onto the bino to hold it steady, the interocular distance will change as the binos are effectively squashed flat...any help from users of this mount or alternative suggestions would be great.

Clear skies

Slip some sort of packing underneath the binocs.

Thanks for that Jim - I was considering the same.

Fortunately when I visited Astrofest on Feb 5th, I came across exactly what I wanted in the form of a Manfrotto bino clamp for camera tripods:

Manfrotto 035BN Binocular Super Clamp - Fast UK Mainland Delivery

Very resonable price and very sturdy cast alloy construction. Well worth the money for an inexpensive bino clamp for stargazing.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Thanks for that Jim - I was considering the same.

Fortunately when I visited Astrofest on Feb 5th, I came across exactly what I wanted in the form of a Manfrotto bino clamp for camera tripods:

Manfrotto 035BN Binocular Super Clamp - Fast UK Mainland Delivery

Very resonable price and very sturdy cast alloy construction. Well worth the money for an inexpensive bino clamp for stargazing.

I am curious as how the above mount worked out as I need something similar.

Cheers,

Austin

Hi Austin

It's excellent - very well made and sturdy and suits my 8X42 binos well. It won't be suitable for very big binos but a quick call to the seller would confirm the maximum objective it could cope with.

Be aware that it clamps onto the bino body so don't clamp it too tight or it may crush the tube.

Archived