Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Bit of play with new bino's last night

Rob1961

Was out in the snow for about an hour and a half last night from 4pm looking at the moon through a Chrissy prezzy of 10 x 50's - thanks FLO!! Very impressed with image quality - to make life easier they were on a tripod and I was sitting on a Lidl 'ironing stool'. The contrast on the moon was amazing. Happy times ahead....

Rob

Merry Christmas Rob. I'm glad you are enjoying you new 10X50 bins. Even to the most seasoned astronomer a good pair of 10X50 bins are a delight to own and use. I dont think many of us astronomers venture outside without a pair of 10X50s.

Absolute joy to use. The fact you have yours mounted on a tripod is a nice touch.

Once in my life on a night of absolute clear seeing conditions etc i actually managed to see a passover of the International Space Station in which i saw the shape of the main body itself and the shape of solar panels on either side of the main body. Not many people believe me but a couple of people i know have also reported the same sighting with 10X50s. It is most likely a once in a life time observation but it IS possible if conditions are PERFECT.

ENJOY.

Archived