Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Eqmod allingment

Hello

I now have the joypad up and running and was just checking that i am doing everything correct

To allign do i go to 3 stars and sync on each,do i need to do any thing after that i noticed that on the joy pad was to comfirm allingment do i need to do this as i cant see it on the eqmod screen.

Thanks for your help

Ian

Ian, in EQMOD, select N Star alignment... This will pop up a new window. Select each star in your PC app, and goto it. The scope will slew.. adjust the position until the star is centered, click on the accept or the button you have set on the joypad to do the same job, and repeat. When done, click done and you can use the goto from the app. I normally bracket the target with 3 stars...

John, the very latest EQMOD have deprecated the N-Star stuff, and now use the method that Ian has mentioned. Now a SYNC will automatically add that alignment point into the map.

Slew to star, center star, sync, repeat.

For best results, use three stars on each side of the meridian (6 in total), especially if you are using an SCT where mirror flop can cause some issues.

Archived