Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Celestron SCT scope cover

I'm trying to find a scope cover for a Celestron CPC925, astro engineering make one and list it on their site, ( AC612) but i cant find a dealer.

Anybody know where i can get one or offer an alternative make? It must fit with the OTA horizontal.

Allan

How about this from Green Witch, Alan? I'm thinking of one for my CPC 925 for those times I want to leave it set up and ready to go:-

Cases, Bags and Covers for Telescopes and Other Optics

Brinders

That looks a pretty good waterproof cover and cheap enough too. I really need a breatheable dust cover, my scope is kept in an unheated wooden building where it doesnt really need a waterproof cover but needs to be able to dry out if it gets damp (dew) and keep dust out The Astro engineering one says "The material is moisture-resistant and yet breathable enough to allow a dewed-up scope to be covered and still dry thoroughly."

If I can find the astro engineering one, I may get one of each. The Greenwitch one for longer term use outside and the astro eng for indoors and while waiting for the scope to cool down.

Allan

The Green-witch one is great - I was looking for one for ages before I found that and it more than adequately covers my 12" dob and/or my cpc-800 on the tripod with a wedge in any position. And it was only £25 - you can use it as both a dust cover and against the elements if caught in the rain - without having to move the scope.

Archived