NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Life on Mars looks more likely

RobH

On AOL yestraday was a piece saying that new evidence of life in Martian meteorites had turned up.

I've had a bit of a search, and it is now looking a lot more likely that life in a simple form did in fact exist there.

If it started on 2 planets in the same solar system, it's going to be everywhere :icon_eek:

Spaceflight Now | Breaking News | Martian meteorite surrenders new secrets of possible life

About time to go there and start digging!!

Cheers

Rob

I think the problem is that we have heard this before with the Allan Hills meteorite, we all got really excited only to be let down. Hopefully, when we get something a little more sustantial people will sit up and take notice. Certainly, there is a growing body of evidence to support some form of primitive life on Mars and in the universe generally, as for 'intelligent' life I am not so sure!

John

If it started on 2 planets in the same solar system

Proving that life is (or was) on Mars is hard enough, proving that it developed independently may be a lot harder. Primitive life could have "hitched a lift" on a meteorite .... or both Earth and Mars could have been "seeded" (much more likely accidentally than deliberately IMHO) by space-travelling visitors to the newly formed Solar System four billion years ago.

Archived