NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Whats on the red channel?

I took this last night - the setup was a ZS66 with the WO FF II and a modded 350d. When processing there seems to be loads of red in the middle of the image. I am not sure whats caused it??? I stacked with darks and flats, might go and redo the flats???

post-13107-133877411828_thumb.jpg

It looks like vignetting to me, what sort of level are you aiming for in your flats Craig?

I take mine in manual (I don't trust AV mode to give me consistent flats), I shoot 2 or 3, open them in Zoombrowser and look at the histogram, I aim to get it just over half way. I then take at least 60 flats and the same number of bias frames, this seems to work for me.

Cheers,

Ian

Sorted it Ian - I took the flats at ISO1600 and they should have been ISO800 - the same as the light frames!

I got hold of the 'Photoshop Astronomy' Book and am working my way through the image now - it's looking quite nice even if I do say so myself!

Archived