Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Flashing At Night...

Okay...not that king of flashing...camera flashing...!!!

I decided to do a test with the new flash and new cable remote...out back tonight...tripod as well...and off we go...

I took the first couple with flash, one at 20 seconds (Aperture Priority & Auto Focus) and one at 91 seconds (Bulb, Manual & Manual Focus) both at f2.8 ISO 100...its clear to see there is a real difference in the amount of light that now gets into the picture from ambiance from the Glasgow behind...as well as the neighbours garden lights from two down...

As well as the Plough (Ursa Major), the second one also has the surrounding less visible stars now showing...

Garden_Stars_20_sec_with_flash_copy.jpg

Garden_Stars_91_sec_with_flash.jpg

I now moved the tripod to a slightly lower position...but a few clouds were moving in...again at f2.8 ISO 100 but for 192 seconds and no flash...(Manual, Bulb setting and manual focused on cottage window lights)...

So I went for glory...and am REASONABLY HAPPY...there are tracers on the stars because of the time taken for the exposure...A 20 minute would give good lines...so maybe later...

Also worth noting that I have only fixed the perspective on these and cropped to suit...

Garden_Stars_192_sec_no_flash.jpg

I also quite like the garden in these shots...I used to do a bit astro...but havent had the 'WEE SCOPE' out in a while...sold the big scope 'THE BEAST' for my camera gear...

Nearest Ive been to the stars is lookin out from the hot tub at them...(in pics under the bamboo gazebo)...

STEVIER

The-Big-Man-Says

Archived