Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Skywatcher Panaview EP?

I have upgraded the 25mm EP supplied with my 150P to a generic Plossl and I am quite pleased with the improvement. I am really enjoying the wide field of view the 25mm offers and the sharper image of the plossl. With this in mind I was hoping for a little more of the same without breaking the bank.

I have been looking at the 32mm Skywatcher Panaview Skywatcher - Skywatcher PanaView 2" eyepieces and I was wondering if, would this be a step too far, has anybody any experience of these EP's or at least read a credible review?

I am 41 years old but at a fairly recent eyetest I was assured that my eyesight is perfect. :headbang:

I have upgraded the 25mm EP supplied with my 150P to a generic Plossl and I am quite pleased with the improvement. I am really enjoying the wide field of view the 25mm offers and the sharper image of the plossl. With this in mind I was hoping for a little more of the same without breaking the bank.

I have been looking at the 32mm Skywatcher Panaview Skywatcher - Skywatcher PanaView 2" eyepieces and I was wondering if, would this be a step too far, has anybody any experience of these EP's or at least read a credible review?

I am 41 years old but at a fairly recent eyetest I was assured that my eyesight is perfect. :headbang:

I would be very interested in any feedback you get on the Panaview, thinking about the 32mm 2" myself (have been for quite a while).

I have the 38mm & 26mm Sky-Watcher Panaview. The 38mm is a beast and a very heavy bit of glass. It provides MASSIVE wide views that cause punch ups. Some people love the wide angle, others hate the coma. To be fair more pople like it than not who have looked through it. The 26mm is a bit less impressive but still a very good EP for the money. The coma in the 38mm is probably laregly down to having it in such a fast scope. I never even notice it myself unless I look for it as its only apparent at the edge of the field of view.

I think if I were buying again I'd buy the Nirvanas myself but I wont ever sell the 38mm Panaview because its very comfortable to use as is the 26mm. Eyerelief is good, the twist up rubber cups make getting your eye in very easy. Both provide very high contrast.

I think for the money you'd be pushed to do better and you will see a definite jump in quality over the average 25mm Plossl. I have used a 32mm Celestron Ultima Plossl and both the 26mm and the 38mm Panaview are much nicer to use and give IMHO a better view.

Sorry thats not very scientific.

Andya - the Panaviews are relatively new - think they are about 12 months old. I haven never seen a review of them anywhere. They seem to be a forgotten bit of kit. I bought one as a punt just to see what it was like.

I like the view so have kept it and actually bught the 26mm on the strength of the 38mm. They are nice reasonably priced EPs that fit somewhere between a standard Plossl and something much more up market. I consider the Baader Aspheric but I saw a few negative reviews of it.

If your anywhere near Redhill or Worthing your very welcome to have a look through one of my Panaviews.

I tried all three PanaViews and thought they were great. The 38mm I found the best of the bunch and the 32mm hot on its heels. The 26mm was a little less well corrected but certainly no slouch. They did pretty well at f/5, but if you have a fast scope and can pay a little extra, the Skywatcher Aeros do a fantastic job.

Archived