Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Nebulosity from Stark Labs : Can someone give me a rundown

Catanonia

I currently use PHD and DSS to guide and stack my images from my EOS1000D. Then process in CS3

I am thinking of looking at other programs and for $60 Nebulosity looks a god deal.

But I am unsure as to exactly what it does.

Can someone give me a few lines on what this program actually does and whether it would be beneficial to me. I have tried searches, but still a little confused.

Thanks

Cat

I was looking at Nebulosity just the other day. It's a stacking and combining tool with some additional processing options. I wasn't having much luck playing the other day, but I didn't really have much time. It's the post stacking processing I was particularly wanting to look at. The stacking options seem to be far more manual than DSS, unless I'm just getting it wrong, which is very possible.

There are 'tutorials' on the StarkLabs website..

i use Nebulosity as I am a Mac user and find it to be the best available..

You can use it for power stretches (like curves) and some advanced processing functions...but I am using it so far to just subtract darks and align and stack.. which it is very good at...

then exporting the stack to other software ..

Still learning myself..

Steve

BTW on the website.. even Craig Stark himself says that there is a point where you are best to move to other software to further process images... so best really in getting that initial stack of raws which is the one main thing that PhotoShop cant do...

Archived