Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Using a Scopetonix MaxView II

I have one of these as it came along with some other equipment in a recent purchase. Its a 2" fit to the scope/focuser, and has a 58mm thread which fits into a lens with the same 58mm filter thread (or other size using an adapter). Just wondering if anyone has any experience using one? I have an Olympus E-510 (which will fit right in, as its 58mm - but its fitted with a 14-42 zoom, which, I guess, is far from ideal). Any tips, or suggestions, welcome!

Hi

I have one of these I was using for digiscoping - I used to connect a Nikon Coolpix 5700/8800 to the scope for use on eyepiece afocal projection on white light sunspots, moon, and H-alpha sun.

The piece I have that goes with it to mount the camera on the eyepiece allows you to change the distance between the camera ( screw thread fits to camera body and zoom lens extends out from body) and I concentrate on zooming at inifinity focus to get the best fit of image size to object in the eyepiece.

I haven't used it for while now but the ep was good enough at 40mm.

regards

Mike

Archived