Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Orion Motorfusser fit 130 Nexstar SLT out of the box

I´ve read on various forums questions about a motor focusser for the Celestron 130 Newxstar 130.

As you can see on the photos, the Orion Motorfocusser will fit the 130 SLT straight out of the box.

However, the knobs are screwed directly to the axle. So you´ll need some pliers to hold the right axle firmly and then unscrew the knob. If you hold both knobs you´ve a 50-50 chance that the right one will unscrew... I know. I got the wrong 50-50 one that came loose, i.e. the left one.

Anyway. After that little bump, the rest installed in 5 minutes.

post-17342-1338774077_thumb.jpg

post-17342-133877407705_thumb.jpg

Hey nice electric focuser., Looking at the pics of the 130 slt I was wondering if this focuser would fit a Skywatcher 130p tube, as the focuser looks the same as it does on the 130 slt above and the same size. Any help is appreciated as sometimes focus is a bit of an art form...lol. Thanks.

The focusser comes with both the brackets. So for either crayford or standard 2" you´ll be fine.

Two hex keys. The small one is very usable for the small nuts on top of the focuser for adjustment.

Anyway. See for yourself in the manual:

http://content.telescope.com/rsc/img/catalog/product/instructions/29246.pdf

First part is for crayford focus installation, Second part is for standard rack and pinion.

Follow steps and Bob ´s your uncle.

Best investment for the 130 SLT.

• 5 years later...

Hi,

Thanks for this info I have just fitted one of these sky watcher focusers to my 130 slt. I got my focuser from here.

http://www.green-witch.com/skywatcher-auto-focuser-557-p.asp

The shop is only 10 mins away for me so I saved on postage etc.

Just a cople of points to note

1) The link above that "Sky Beast" posted to the instructional PDF document does not seem to work (Permissions denied) so I had to wing it a bit, but using the pics posted and the info on here I had it installed in no time at all.

2) The original 2 small screws on the RH side of the original mounting bracket are self tapping screws. The longer screws supplied with the Skywatcher focuser are not self tapping (Flat ends). As such when I tried to install the new bracket over the existing bracket the 2 new longer screws bottom out against the original holes left from the smaller original small screws. This caused the new longer screws to strip the thread from the original holes as the new longer screws could not cut the new length of hole required to fully screw the new screws into. Its was an easy fix as I had some self tapping screws left over from another project. I would recommend that if you want to install this electronic focuser that you get self tapping screws to replace the screws that are supplied with the new focuser.

Otherwise everything went very smoothly.

I hope this helps:) 

Archived