Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The "Argos" (Keter) Observatory.

Macavity

The "Argos" (Keter) Observatory. For the decrepit & empoverished (LOL): Here's my latest addition of Astro-Storage. THANKFULLY the Keter BOX will house my pillar mount (~1mm to spare, front & back!) and doubtless more. Of course, this leaves little room to STAND, so I must now re-don my cycle clips and add more paving slabs... Hmmm! ;)

Argos%20Obs.JPG

Not sure the KETER storage would withstand a sustained (or even casual) burglary attempt, but I sense it can be "beefed up" and shelves added etc., for temporary storage. So I can then put all my stuff out, during the daylight, rather than grope in the dark! :(

Heheh. I was pleasanty surprised that these plastic things don't look TOO bad. Also, the sides are reasonably flat - Plus strength might be improved, easily enough. Now I've got used to the slightly LARGE size of this example (I suspect I'll put it on the left of picture, ultimately) I began to ponder the fit possibility of a 10" Flextube Dob... Maybe one day! ;)

Yes, the "wheely" Pier was perhaps THE revelationary experience of all this fiddling. ;)

But I think it will underpin most of the rest of stuff I might try e.g. as in currently an MDF(!) adaptor to support a Synscan Alt-Az GoTo. I still reckon the latter is capable of greater things, re. the pointing accuracy. But I digress... :(

Archived