NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Clawing back a Crab...

Starman

There were supposed to be many more subs contributing to this image than just 4. Unfortunately my ancient autoguiding laptop froze up part way through giving me 40 minutes of integration rather than the planned 3 hours worth. I checked the laptop's screen remotely and was very impressed that the autoguiding cross hairs hadn't budged with respect to the guide star. Now I know why ;)

Anyway, here are 4 frames combined and massaged to at least give a result.

M1-2009-10-18_8.jpg

yup

Want to see :-)?

I am using two in the obs right now (literally running RDP to them from the office)

ASUS 1 - Atik 314L/Atik Filter wheel (motorized) - HA/OIII/SII/HB/CLS/EQDIR/CDC/EQMOD/USB large format keyboard/Keypad

ASUS 2 - MEade DSI-C/GPUSB/ PHD Guide

I will move to ASCOM pulse guide soon, and probably get a second atik FW to house the LRGB filters

All runs perfectly, ran it for 16 hours over the weekend testing on NGC281, in H-A and OIII as well as some other objects/slews etc..., RDP to the house (temp at the mo so in fact I sit in the obs with laptop 3, which is a HP 7000 for processing and remote control)

SSD models on both ASUS boxes...16GB...Atik folder imegs also linked via live Mesh for backup upload to the cloud.

Archived