Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Skywatcher 150P

hi

it has a much better lightgathering capability, so it will give you a much greater range of objects to view.

it probably also is capable of higher magnification, and that helps on solarsystem objects, doubles, and small fuzzys.

alfi

alfi

hi, i've got a 150 p and a celestron 80 ed and by chance i did a quick comparison on M31 last week. to put it simply M31 appeared to be almost as visable in the skywatcher finder scope as it was in the celestron such was the difference between the 2 scopes themselves. obviously the celestron is a lot better than the finder scope but comparing it to the 150 really showed that for visual DSO work apperture is king, later on it got a bit misty and at the time the celestron lost sight of M31, it was still clearly visable in the 150

Hi,

Because the 130PM has been discontinued, I am now thinking about the 150P instead.

Everything I hear about it says that it will be a good all-rounder - i.e. for both planetary and DSO use.

Just need the cash to buy it, and the space to keep it! :D

Best Wishes,

Jim

Thanks, if I get this scope it will purely for visual use.

Tinvek - how do your two scopes compliment each other?

well one says the other looks very nice in its shiny black finish and then the other says ...... oh i see what you mean. they work quite well as a pair. the 150 is on an eq mount and the c 80ed is on an alt/az mount and tends to get used a lot more just because its setup time can be down to about a minute when im in practice. so i can get decent views of most things with the reflector and the refractor although not offering such good ability on faint stuff provided the quick fix and is ideal for when im in a the mood for a bit of luna or the usual planets

Archived