NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Jupiter and Uranus

Demonperformer

Monday night with the 6SE - first attempts with neximage on this scope [never had much luck with the etx]

Jupiter: 5fps, 1/100s, 806/1500 stacked

Uranus: 5fps, 1/5s, 122/750 stacked

Tried for Neptune, but no luck

First attempt at using registax. I have no idea what most of the buttons/settings do so all settings left at 'factory default', except for ticking the colour processing box [which I found after being 'disappointed' at my first six attempts at processing Jupiter piccies and only getting a b/w image:sad:]

Any suggestions as to which oher buttons/settings might be good ones to use/change for future image processing gratefully received, but please make suggestions at 'idiot' level - that is all I will understand at this stage.:D

If skies are clear tomorrow morning, will give Mars a go. Eastern horizon not so good, so will have to leave it a while to get Venus. Then I suppose there is always Saturn ...

Actually, was quite impressed with being able to capture a couple of Jupiter's satellites on one piccie [Jupiter was horribly over-exposed on it so I'm not posting it] Which bodes well for some star clusters, maybe ...

A couple of good first attempts there.:D

If you want a decent looking Jupiter with some of it's moons you may need to take two images and make a composite of the pair. Take the best that you can of Jupiter then crank the gain or brightness up and get the moons. Overlay the overexposed Jupiter with the decent one and bingo. That's what I do.

Monday night with the 6SE - first attempts with neximage on this scope [never had much luck with the etx]

Jupiter: 5fps, 1/100s, 806/1500 stacked

Uranus: 5fps, 1/5s, 122/750 stacked

Tried for Neptune, but no luck

First attempt at using registax. I have no idea what most of the buttons/settings do so all settings left at 'factory default', except for ticking the colour processing box [which I found after being 'disappointed' at my first six attempts at processing Jupiter piccies and only getting a b/w image:sad:]

Any suggestions as to which oher buttons/settings might be good ones to use/change for future image processing gratefully received, but please make suggestions at 'idiot' level - that is all I will understand at this stage.:D

If skies are clear tomorrow morning, will give Mars a go. Eastern horizon not so good, so will have to leave it a while to get Venus. Then I suppose there is always Saturn ...

Actually, was quite impressed with being able to capture a couple of Jupiter's satellites on one piccie [Jupiter was horribly over-exposed on it so I'm not posting it] Which bodes well for some star clusters, maybe ...

what camera you used to take these images?

Jupiter looks pretty good

Set the alarm to do Mars this morning and all I found was cloud :D:(:) ... guess there is always tomorrow.

Thank you all for your kind comments about my pics.

Resonator77: it's the celesron neximage solar system imager [bought a couple of months ago - i've never been the fastest starter! - from Sherwoods where is was £15 cheaper than anywhere else I could find - can't promise it still is].

Clayton: i will have a trawl through the help files to find out about one of those and give it a go. thanks.

Legion48: Will give that idea a whirl at some point.

when you`ve been through the automated routine it will go onto the wavelet settings, try sliding the first 3 sliders on the left hand side to the right abit until you are happy with the look, then click "DO ALL" this should sharpen the picture a little.

hope this helps :D

Rob

Set the alarm to do Mars this morning and all I found was cloud ;):(:) ... guess there is always tomorrow.

Thank you all for your kind comments about my pics.

Resonator77: it's the celesron neximage solar system imager [bought a couple of months ago - i've never been the fastest starter! - from Sherwoods where is was £15 cheaper than anywhere else I could find - can't promise it still is].

Clayton: i will have a trawl through the help files to find out about one of those and give it a go. thanks.

Legion48: Will give that idea a whirl at some point.

did you use any filter or barlow with Neximage to take these images?

Archived