NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Registar HDR M42... bit soft

Psychobilly

Last year before George discovered the Focus Masks and I got round to making one.. I took some stacks of M42/43 at 5,15,30,60,120 and 240s..

Normally I'd use opacity layering or layer masking to combine the data in CS3 but tonight I decide to see how Registar would cope...

The 5,15,30,60 and 120s stacks were registered with the 240s one and the registered images were then combined in Registar using an Average combine with each stack set to the same weighting...

The resulting image was then subject to the nornal levels/curves/saturation boosting in CS3...

post-14969-133877403543_thumb.jpg

Peter...

Ok all the data was captured at ISO 400

there were 10x5s , 10x 15s, 10x30s , 10x 60s, 10x120s and 10x240s (I have just found another data set which goes up to 540s subs... but not tonight...)

Each exposure setting was stacked in DSS to give an individual stack these were then opened in CS3 had very basic levels adjustment to roughly set the black point across the 6 files and saved as 16bit tiffs..

These 6 files were then opened in Registar and each of the shorter stacks was "registered" with the 240s stack image...

Once images have been registered in Regisatr they can be combined in a variety of different ways ... similar options to you get in Stacking software... so you can select for example, Average , Median , etc... additionaly you can select Relative or Absolute stacking and set a "weighting" for each image ...

I chose to use Average Stackign and weight each layer to the same level.. this meant that the shortest subs contribute the "same" to the final image as the longest ones... this has the effect of "preserving" the data that would have been burnt out in the longer subs...

Peter...

Archived