Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Will these do the trick?

Hi,

1st question for you pro astro chaps.

Just got my new (2nd hand) Celestron CPC-800 8" SCGT which is an F10.

I just want to know a Yes or No as to whether a set of Meade 4000 plossl lenses would work well with the scope or if my money would be better spent elsewhere.

I only have one unbranded 20mm plossl at the moment, and have PM'd "Vlebo" about his set that's for sale on here.

Its one of these for £150ish. Telescope House Meade 4000 Series Eyepiece & Filter Set

Seems like a good way to get me started and then I can maybe buy some Hyperions (?) or other in a few months once I know what I might need in order to improve my viewing pleasure. Not sure yet if I'll like DSO's or solar system stuff more. Couldn't really see anything properly with my last scope!

Thanks for any help and advice.

Greg :o

Why would I not use the barlow? I thought that it doubled the mag while leaving the FOV and eye relief unchanged?

Is a 20mm with a 2 x Barlow not better than switching to a 10mm?

G

Actually the eye relief is increased with a conventional barlow but that's not always bad thing as the shorter FL plossls have tight eyerelief.

It depends whether you want to add the extra lens elements to the optical path or just use an eypiece alone to achieve the higher magnifications - personally I prefer eyepiece alone.

John

Archived