Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sony A350 Filter ?

Hi

Im using a Sony A350 on a fixed tripod and finally getting there, can i put a filter on the lens to help reduce light pollution (ie the orange glare i get from Croydon)

Regards

John B

With Sony cameras there's no such thing as a clip filter which goes on the back of the lens. What I would do is get a 2" LP filter (Neodymium?) and blu-tac it to the front of the lens, assuming the filter is bigger than the lens.

Hi

(ie the orange glare i get from Croydon)

Just Croydon? More like London and the home counties!

Don't know about Photography, but I've found a Seben LP pretty good for visual stuff (rubbish scopes, good EPs and filters) from Epsom.

I've got a funny feeling that an economy clear filter will do more harm than good for astrophotography. Not literal harm - just general detriment to the image quality. Either a really good one or nothing would be my gut feeling.

Andrew

actually i should have made it clear i was talking for day to day use. at night i suspect you have to just be carefull with your lens and use as few filters as possible

Archived