Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First Light Imaging - again!

martin_h

Following on from Milans thread(below) I too was out last night on a steep learning curve, trying imaging with new equipment for the first time - HEQ8 synscan, the tube from my Nexstar 8SE and a QHY8 imaging cam being guided by a ST80 and HEQ5 guide cam with PHD and to tell you the truth it done exactly what it says on the tin! No driver problems everything worked 1st time! Well apart from the power supply to the mount 12v @ 2A I don't think so! upped it to 12v 4A and it all works fine.

I too was using Nebulosity for capture and stacking, trying 60 sec subs at first then upping it to 5 mins then 10 on M13.went inside while all this was going on only to come out later to see PHD pinging its head off at about 2 am - in my excitement at getting it all going I hadnt actually looked at where things were and M13 had gone behind next-doors roof - oops! :o all the 10 min subs were out of focus roof shots ho-hum! Anyway I'd done what I set out to do and that was realy getting it all set up and running.

The image below is 20 x 60 sec subs stacked and part processed ( another black art to look into)

Archived