NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Stellarium

Hi I got a new laptop and downloaded Stellarium.Seems to have a bug.When i click on change location or any buttons i get a box opening in the middle of the screen,looks like static.Also stuck in Paris.Where can i download a working version like i had on old laptop? Thanks in advance

hi used that link same problems.Any advice?

I'm not a "techie" I'm afraid plus I don't know all the details of your laptop specification and would not know where to start if I did :o

Unless someone else on the forum has had the same issue, I suggest that you e.mail details of the issue you have plus the specification of your machine / operating system to the authors of the software and see what they come back with.

John

Hi I got a new laptop and downloaded Stellarium.Seems to have a bug.When i click on change location or any buttons i get a box opening in the middle of the screen,looks like static.Also stuck in Paris.Where can i download a working version like i had on old laptop? Thanks in advance

Problem is it uses a graphics library called OpenGL and that's supported by your graphics card driver. Microsoft doesn't offer support for that so it will depend exclusively on your card.

You have 2 options:

1) update the driver.

2) If it still doesn't work use an older version.

I have the same problem on my laptop with a ATI mobility Radeon 2600 and only the 2nd option worked. I got 0.9 runnig on my laptop and 0.10 on my workstation. (ATI doesn't post the driver cause of contractual agreements with the laptop manufacturers, and Toshiba doesn't update it since 2007... BTW go for HP if you ever buy a laptop, costumer service is much better.)

download Stellarium 0.9.1 for win 32

Do you have an ATI graphics card? There's a page on the Stellarium wiki about this.

Known issues with video drivers - Stellarium

In short - it's a driver problem, but there might not be a working driver for your video card, depending on the model. The wiki page lists cards and driver versions which are known to work. If you find one, please list it on the wiki.

Version 0.10.1 might not exhibit the problem - I would like to hear if you have problems with it or not. If you could confirm the problem with that version of Stellarium, it would be interesting to me.

Matthew

Archived