Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

rbg omg

im trying to make a colour image ive downloaded the trial of cs4 only to find it has taken over all over programs eg try to use dss and loads cs4 ive followed a guide by rob h very helpfull, though all my rgb stacked images are not aligned the same eg when doin the processing there all in diffrent places ive tryed to get them close as posable though i cant get them spot on i have no idea how people do this ive spent since 6 this morning trying to do this it has to be the hardest thing ive tryed to do, im now having to remove cs4,is it posable to you the autostar suite to prosess my images? this is what i have so far

[ATTACH]27294[/ATTACH]

still no luck found a site online on making your own channels in elements (didn work) plz can some one help ive been sat on the lappy for a stright 12 hours getting P***ed off lol are there any programs that will do the same job as ps

thanks toby

If you are using PS and you have an rgb picture with the channels out of alignment here is what you do. Open the picture, it looks like the one above. Go to the channels palette in PS and you will see four channels, RGB, red, green and blue. Select the Move tool, letter V and then select the red channel. Then hit the key to the left of the number 1 on a normal keyboard. That gives you a colour view of all channels with the selected channel being the only one you can move. Move it with the arrow keys and then go on to the green and blue channels moving them as necessary to get them in line. If you have rotation in your channels it is difficult to fix in PS as it does not do rotational alignment to less than one pixel. After all that it is down to careful use of Levels and Curves to tease a pretty picture out of your data.

Once you get the hang of it it is as easy as punctuation!

Dennis

[ATTACH]27317[/ATTACH]

thanks for the advice only problem i only have ps elements and it has not got this feature tryed downloading ps cs4 trial and messed up my computer sob,ive tryed using maxim dl which was ok only still cant get it right closest ive got now is this

Hello AK.

If you're using maxim, open your Luminance (if you have one), red, green and blue greyscale images, then, using the align function set to 'auto star matching', align all these images using the luminance as the reference image.

Save them all.

Then open the R,G,& B grescale images in photoshop and construct a RGB image as per the method you originally used.

All of them should have been aligned by maxim.

Cheers

Rob

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Astrokat,

Nice to see you didnt give up on the image, & I quite like this last picture.

It seems to have a 3D'ish quality, it conjurs up sort of Einsteins theory of relativity warping around the edges, if you see what I mean, like the images they show on tv when explaining space & time. lol ok i've probably not explained that very well but I understand it :) Nice one :D

Tough learning curve eh? I am thinking though that now you've figured it yourself you'll be much better for it next time. It's a rather good image actually, you should be dead pleased... next you have to play with the colour curves a little maybe? There does seem to still be a little bit of rotation in there but all in all, wicked! You even started to get the wings in there, not easy.

Arthur

post-13959-133877403771_thumb.jpg

Archived