Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC 891 LRGB 28th of August and 12th of September '09.

Whippy

I managed last night to grab the RGB data I'd been promising myself for this image since I captured the mono a little while back (see here: http://stargazerslounge.com/imaging-deep-sky/86280-ngc-891-28-08-09-a.html ) . Quite like this one :).

Total exposure time: 4 hours 27 mins (luminence 2hrs 30 mins (15x10 mins), Red 36 mins (12x3 mins), Green 36 mins (12x3 mins) and Blue (15x3 mins). RGB binned 2x2) taken with an Atik 16hr with IR cut, IDAS and Baader RGB filters through a WO FLT98. Guided with a WO ZS66, QHY5 and PHD on top of an EQ6 pro. Stacked in DSS and processed in photoshop.

Hope you like it.

Tony..

post-13439-133877398212_thumb.jpg

Hope you like it.

Tony..

Indeed I do Tony - nice one. My favourite galaxy that for some reason I haven't tried imaging yet...

Visually I always use this as a benchmark - if it's not visible in my 10" scope the skies are rubbish :)

James

Cheers guys :).

Peter, Arran, I get this a lot when I do RGB and I'm not sure why to be honest. I thought I got rid of the bad ones this morning, clearly not then!

I'll have to look into other methods of aligning the RGB before it gets processed. Anyway, just for you two, here's one with the blotches removed (the ones I could find anyway!), the ones round the stars can stay, I can't be bothered to sort them out!

Tony..

post-13439-13387739836_thumb.jpg

Archived