Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

8 orange lights in the sky or more ???

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 7 months later...

On a very similar note....

A near neighbour of mine (who is an accurate and informed observer in my experience - ex copper) spotted something the other night she couldn't explain, and asked me for an explanation - I was as much in the dark as her. The time was 11.45 pm, 18th December.

A ring of blue lights (not the dreaded eastern lanterns) moving from W to E, apparently at high altitude, rather like a satellite but definitely .blue rather than white. No flashing, no noise.

All I could suggest was perhaps US military aircraft flying in formation at high altitude over the UK (Oxfordshire) on their way to the Middle East. Alternatively (only joking) an AWACS with a ring of Xmas blue lights strung round the dish....

Any other suggestions??

Chris

A ring of blue lights

How many? And what were the sky conditions?

Apart from satellites and aircraft, another possibility is the optical illusion of seeing stars appear to move. I'm an experienced observer and I've been fooled by it.

Archived