NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Veil Complex... and a result!

SteveL

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Call me paranoid, but I just dont trust anyone enough to leave my kit out in the garden. Hell, I dont even really sleep well if I go to bed while its imaging (like earlier this week).

Yes, (my) Borg + (Paxo's) H36, I have seen images from the Borg plus a full frame DSLR that are flat to the corners, and show only a 18-20% illumination drop off, easily fixed with decent flats. The FoV on that is just massive.

Modify a self contained Shed alarm to convert it into a "loop" alarm like they use in shops... thats What I used to use before I had the obs...

Tis is From a few years back.... a how to post that i made on another forum..

B&Q do a Friedland shed alarm kit for £10.98 which gives 15s exit and entry delay before the alarm sounds

The 15s delay is a bit long for a loop alarm so a bit of scoping around the circuit shows that by adding a 680k resistor across R3 and R7 you now have delays of no more than a second or so, I replaced the door contacts with a loop made from a 3.5mm mono extension lead - cut the lead in half, shorted both conductors of each half together and soldered them to the "contacts" pads on the PCB.

The very loud sounder was mounted to the top of the case the wiring being shortened and soldered to the "siren" pads on the pcb...

The loop can be extended by adding additional 3.5mm extension leads to the "circuit".

The keys go into the switch both ways but only work one way ... thats probably teh reason fot the negative comment about breakign them...

I'll dig one of the ones I made out and star a thread in DIY about how to mod it with pics etc...after I have had a few more hours kip though...

Peter...

Actually, it really was just a test session for Maxim Guiding and CCDC, so the framing for this one was just default. The CCD was at 0 degrees when I attached it and ran PAM for polar align. To get it all into FoV, I would rotate the camera 60 degrees, which would allow it to fit.

Clear sky tonight, but just cant find the energy this evening to set it up, its been a tough couple of days for various reasons.

Archived