Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Some nebulosity detail from NGC7000

Roy Batty

Its been a fair while since I posted anything here and starting up the scope last night it was evident that it was at least a month since it was last used. Not surprising really with the light evenings only just finishing and keeping the kids amused over their summer break.

This is just an hours capture, target is nothing special just really getting back in the saddle after the summer hiatus.

Details: Prime focus DSLR on ED80, 5 min subs @ ISO800

Guided with QHY5 on C8-N using PHD

Processing: DSS; PixInsight DBE; PS CS3

cheers

Keith

post-13528-133877397633_thumb.jpg

Hi TJ,

What I really wanted to have a go at last night was the moon with the x3 barlow I got about 4 months ago!:) but its not really in a good place for me until OMG in the morning and I don't think I can face waiting up that long. Well at least not on a work day.:)

Keith

Hi Peter,

With hindsight I probably could have doubled the sub length for this, its probably down to the fact that I use my F5 reflector for a lot of imaging - so when it comes to using the ED80 @ F7.5 I tend to forget how much slower it is - we live a learn:rolleyes:

Keith

Archived