Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Very first image

Patw#73

I had a go at iamaging last night for the first time and I was quite pleased with the result, but now I've looked at the other images in SGL I know there's a lot of work to do!

Still don't think it's too bad for a first effort.

I managed to get two moons in the image as well as some detail and a suggestion of the GRS.

It never fails to amaze me that I can see such glorious things from my own back yard!

jupiterblue3.bmp

Great start.

Not many details re the software, telescope and camera :D

Registax is a fine program for stacking, and other things.

I did an RGB align on your shot in Registax to better align the colours in the image which removes the colour fringing (blue at the top and red at the bottom) hope you dont mind

post-16237-13387739747_thumb.jpg

Thanks for having a look and thanks for the processing.

I was using an 8" meade LX90 and a neximage, I was also using a blue filter to bring out the detail when observing.

I put the image through registax 5 though i'm not really sure what i'm doing at the moment.

Have you noticed that there is like a cross hatching effect in the black that seems to occur when altering the wavelets? Any tips on how to avoid this and any more info on using the RGB would be of great help.

Thanks again!

Well done on your first image - you are off to a good start. I have had a look at the banding and can improve on it but it would be better to get to the route of the problem - I am wondering if this is a bandwidth problem on the USB port? Are you using other USB devices at the same time?

Archived