NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

2" visual back for a SCT ?

Guys,

Bought some 2" accessories for my C11. A whole world of difference.

Just arrived is my WO 2" camera adaptor with push fit.

My question is.....

On the rear cell of my C11, can I purchase a 2" visual back so the push fit can be secured by the screws, like the 1.25". Looked around, no joy as of yet.

Cheers Eddie H

The SCT to 2" female are available in different overall lengths, a short 35mm (AC478) or the longer 50mm (AC307). I have and use both on the 12" Lx200.

Telescope House Meade SCT Thread To 2" Adapter

Adaptors - William Optics SCT-2 inch adaptor

Astro Engineering AC307 2" Push-fitting to SCT visual back thread adaptor

2" SCT to Push-Fit Adapter (Female to Female) | Adaptors | Accessories | Astronomica

Hope this helps.

On the rear cell of my C11, can I purchase a 2" visual back so the push fit can be secured by the screws,

Yes. Even better, you can unscrew the 3.25" to SCT thread adapter which is fitted to the scope and fit a 3.25" threaded to 2" push fit adapter, this gives a wider aperture than the ordinary SCT thread to 2" push fit adapter which is common. Celestron SCTs from 11" up and (I believe) Meade SCTs from 12" up have the large threads.

I got mine through David Hinds (telescopesplus).... I don't think FLO stocks them.

Archived