Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Mirror blanks from Galvoptics

Pablito

Hi,

It's my first topic at this Forum so let me introduce. My name is Paul and live in Poland. I have 5 years experience in astronomy (with equipment). I love DIY projects (built 2 equatorial platforms and 75% of 12" dob Newtonian).

Ok. My question is: do The Galvoptics still provide large mirror blanks? I sent them 3 or 4 mesages but there is no reply.

Will you help me guys? Could someone contact with them?

I am going to build 18" "Obsession UC style" Newtonian. Buying the blank directly from Schott is very expensive, I try to find some other source.

P.S. Sorry for my language skills. I learnt your language 10 years ago...

Galvoptics aren't good at replying to e-mails, you need to phone them (I don't have the number but it should be on their website).

I rang them once about recoating and found them extremely helpful.

Good luck with your project!

Thanks for the link Barkis.

I saw their offer but in the pricelist I found only finished mirrors. There is in Poland a person who polishes mirrors with very good accuracy for much less money than in UK. Even if I buy mirror blank from Schott I will get mirror for a half price in comparison to Oldham Optical :D

Galvoptics offer low expansion 18" mirror blanks in good price but contact with them is limited...

Hi Paul - welcome to SGL ! Gendobrez (or something smiliar) you have a terrific project here and I'd love to follow it through as I'm betting you are going to create a special telescope

Galvoptics are good, but as mentioned, they have low / no e-mail contact (they never seem to answer). As they are involved in government / military you can be sure of the quality as well.

Archived