NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Thats my lot

vlebo

I have recently been umming and arrring about which eyepieces to buy to go with my Pentax XW30 . I also have the Meade 4000 eyepiece set which I have rarely used as I need eyepieces with long eye relief. Looking through FLO's eyepiece section I was kinda interested in the Baader Hyperions but kept going back to the Pentax's. After a brief but very expensive phone call to Steve I went and ordered the 14mm and the 7mm XWs. Am I insane ! If my wife finds out how much I am actually spending on this stuff I will be pushing all my gear around in a shopping trolley looking for somewhere to spend the winter nights.

Anyway my eyepiece set will consist of 3 Pentax XW's @ 30 ,14 and 7 mm . I think that will do for now as it might be a long cold winter and I would hate to be homeless.

Gotta dash I think my wife is coming !

I know what you mean. I have the Baader Hyperion 13mm & 8mm and they are very good, but sometimes I think how much better are the Pentaxes. Some people say they are the best.

Look at it this way, If you look after them you may never need to replace them.

I'm another who has spent a lot on eyepieces and wondered at the time I made the investments if I was doing the right thing.

The truth is I've never regretted the investment for one minute, especially when I'm looking through them ! - as Mike say's a good set of eyepieces will last a lifetime.

John

Archived