Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

help needed

recently bought a 2nd hand nexstar 5 it works fine except for the fact it has a few missing teeth on the azimuth gear cog. this obviously will impact on go to functionality. So does anybody have an idea where I can get a spare or the name of an engineering firm that can make me one thanks

recently bought a 2nd hand nexstar 5 it works fine except for the fact it has a few missing teeth on the azimuth gear cog. this obviously will impact on go to functionality. So does anybody have an idea where I can get a spare or the name of an engineering firm that can make me one thanks

The only place I can suggest is Celestron.com , I think you can order parts missing from them

Regards

Resonator

Try D. Hinds they are/were the Celestron main retailer.

Not sure if somewhere like Astro Engineering at Ely could help if you have to get one remade.

If you have the bit out and in your hand then try local engineering firms.

Read some years ago of a group of people on a bike trip on Handa Goldwings, one had a pump failure in France. The cog for that was "plastic". They filled in the broken section with Araldite and filed the teeth back in. The repair managed to get them back.

Archived