Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

EQ 2 on 130pm problems

I was helping a friend collimate his 130 pm last night when he mentioned the mount was a bit stiff. I had one a while ago and it was nothing like this one. the axis that the weight moves with is really really stiff, Like when I tried to balance it the weight or telescope wouldn't move it when everything was slack! I noticed there is a bolt up the centre of this axis and wondered if this being too tight the cause of problems or if it needs regreased. Any recommendations on how to fix great welcomed.

Thanks

Brian

I had the same issue with my 130pm and EQ2 mount. Underneath the RA axis you should see a screw which turns and in turn moves the RA axis. Look underneath that and you should see two bolts, loosen these VERY VERY slightly and test, keep loosening until its working correctly.

I can get an image if you can't figure out which ones (they're about half inch bolt heads, maybe smaller) but they are the onyl large ones, you can't miss them.

Now another question leading form this is that my DEC will onyl turn so far each way before it locks up is this right?

M

Archived