Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M33

vincentnm

Hi All,

Captured this last night with M33 just comng out of the murk.

Scope: C8 hyperstar 3

Mount: EQ6

Camera: SXV M8C

Guiding: ST80 with DFK

Exposure: 3 minutes X 57 subs

Anyone knows what these horizontal lines are. They suddendly started appearing in my subs midway through the session.

Cheers,

Vincent.

M33_24Aug2009_180s_NoFlats_800.jpg

The data you have does look very good.

Not sure about the lines.

For a fix of this data though, Noels Actions may work.

Looks like flats might be a good idea too :)

EDIT:

Just tried Noels Actions. It fixed the background, but it still had the lines within the galaxy itself.

Have you set Maxim to update the progress bar while actually downloading the image from the camera? I have seen this cause stutter lines in images before (including mine) until I turned that option off.

Thanks Steve. Found the setting. Should work next time. Also found instructions at Starlight Xpress Universal

Arran, you are right about the flats. Vignetting is quite visible.

I tried another process with twilight flats. It caused the reverse effect, more dim in the centre than at the sides. Maybe my flats were too strong. Should tried a lower ADU next time.

I tried Noel's actions for horizontal banding, no effect. I guess these lines are too sharp. Pity cant fix this, was decent data except for the streaks.

Thanks,

Vincent.

I tried another process with twilight flats. It caused the reverse effect, more dim in the centre than at the sides. Maybe my flats were too strong. Should tried a lower ADU next time.

If you are using flats, you need to be using bias/offset frames as well, or you will start to see a dark centre and lighter corners...

Archived