Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Jupiter, the four moons clearly visible tonight

lennon890

I would strongly suggest that anybody who fancies a bit of star watching tonight takes a look at the gas giant Jupiter; Io, Europa, Ganymede and Callisto were very clear. I don't know how often all four moons are visible as i haven't been doing sky watching for very long but its i sight that i will never get bored of.

-Lennon890 :)

Lennon

I agree with you, Jupiter and its 4 main moons is an incredible sight. Just like Galileo first saw centuries ago! With some patience and the right timing, you'll be able to watch the moons transiting Jupiter and casting their shadow on the planet's surface.

Have a look here. It provides great info on where the moons are at any particular time and allows you to identify the individual ones.

Jupiter's Moons

Steve

Lennon

I agree with you, Jupiter and its 4 main moons is an incredible sight. Just like Galileo first saw centuries ago! With some patience and the right timing, you'll be able to watch the moons transiting Jupiter and casting their shadow on the planet's surface.

Have a look here. It provides great info on where the moons are at any particular time and allows you to identify the individual ones.

Jupiter's Moons

Steve

Thanks for the help Steve

I'd like to upload a Jupiter video made with my camcorder. For this I'd like to know if the four marked dots in the following picture are the 4 moons:

27095131.png

maybe the one on the far right is not one of the moons ? Still, it was a ''moving'' object, not a pixel irritation.

Archived