Who burst my bubble(s) ???

Catanonia

Well I had to give it a go over the last few nights and after 4hours and 35 mins of stacks (lost about 1 hour of bad stacks) I have some images.

Trying to get my imaging skills up to par as well as my processing skills.

These are 100% crops with no noiseware added at all, the 4+ hours meant I didn't need to.

Tried to keep the colours as natural as possible and so these images are pure RGB from a modded EOS 350D DSLR via my Skywatcher EvoStar Pro ED120 fract.

I spent quite a few hours over these trying to get them just right and the 1st shot is the framed version, the second shot is there for those that want to zoom in.

Looking at these now on screen, I am sure I can see a secondary bubble to the SW of the main one ? Is that suppose to be there ? Actually looking closely I can see several outlines of bubbles.

I hope these are upto standard, but I fear the maximum 12 setting on JPG conversion is showing some rubbish.

Wide (ish) view 100% crop.

Bubble Zoom Wide.jpg

A 100% crop of the bubble

Bubble Zoom Deep.jpg

Cat

I have just re-check my images, those extra faint rings look genuine to me.. Looks like 4+ hours is bringing them out. I have looked at other images on the net, not so heavily processed and you can see the major one to the SW on some of them, extremely faintly. But in this image I can definately see 2 or 3 other bubbles.

Archived