Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M33

starscy

I was under the impression that M33 is considered to be a difficult object, but apparently I was wrong. After a long time since the last time I had a look at this object, it took me less than a minute tonight to locate it with 10x50 binoculars north of alpha Tri and in the same field of view. Quite large in diameter with a rather symmetrical nebula appearance, but relatively bright and easy to see in a rich star field with a brighter star very near the galaxy.

I always find M33 relatively easy to spot so long as there is no cirrus, moon or dew. As the surface brightness is so low, any obscuration or light pollution makes it invisible. Quite cool though isn't it?

Mark

I remember you showing me that through your bins and it looked great! the amount of objects you know is incredible!! like a walking talking GOTO hehe :)

Archived