Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

1 good night

Gy Stargazer

Had one good night on friday night just gone, got set up and thought i'd test my begginers skills in imaging.

What i got was what i know to be jupiter with all 4 moons in the shot, but due to the moon being close by i think that gave me to much light as Jupiter appeared as shining ball with no features.

Any tips on how to transfer my pic from laptop to pc so i can show you guys what i ended up with and how i can correct the problem if it wasn't due to the moon ruining it?

Used the SPC900 Webcam to take the pic but it won't let me transfer the pic to anyother location apart from registax.

(Even Registax can't clear the pic up.)

Although it's not a great pic that was taken for my first ever try am quite happy with it. I just need to get better and am willing to learn.

Scot

It's always exciting to get your first ever astro picture Scot.

It's important to you, and we would like to see it. No one on SGL will ever deride anyone elses work. What you will get is helpful tips on how to improve your imagery.

Can't you copy the file to a memory stick and put it on to your desktop.? Anyway, well done on your first AP.

Ron.:)

1. Close all programs.

2. Run windows explorer and find the file

3. Copy and paste it to the memory stick.

The short cut for windows explorer is Windows Key + e

or go start button, run and type explorer.

This of course does assume you know where the file is and understand files and directories.

Hope that helps.

Just browsed the net and it seems that the Philips VLounge which i'm using is the problem as to why i can't transfer my pics.

A question for those that use the SPC900NC.

What program do you use to image and take your pics if not the Vlounge?

Any helps would be great in trying to get my pics up and running.

Scot

Archived