Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Need help with vibration on SW 130p Syncscan

Hi all, I need to pick your brains. My skywatcher 130p Syncscan Alt-Az seems to have a bit of vibration/movement when foucsing. I know all scopes and focusers have vibration and you got to let them settle, but lately it seems more than usual.

If I focus, esp more prominent at high mag in the webcam which I know is common, I actually move the object in the eyepiece out of FOV, then it pops back up when I let go.

This make focusing hard as I try to focus and the image is out of FOV, then I stop and it is back out of focus, then to adjust again I get the same again.

I know vibration is common and I dont remember it this bad when I first got it, so I was wondering of anyone can advise maybe what may need tightening on the mount and and tips. vibration is common I know that, but this seems excessive. could it be the balance of the dove tail bar being out, as I got the mount level.

Thanks in advance for any tips and sugestions, as being new to scopes I dont know much about modding and tighten up mounts. thanks again.

The most obvious two things i can think of: 1) Check the allen keys that fix the legs to the base of the mount - one at the top of each leg - don't overtighten though. 2) Have you fitted the little accessory tray? This improves stability. The other (third thing then!) is not to extend the legs to their max length - shorter legs = more stable mount. Other than that, it's into more involved DIY'ing!

Archived