Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Milkyway processing help please

I would really appreciate some help processing this image please.

I can't seem to get the results I am looking for. It looks like I have some reasonable data...?

There is a lot of light pollution in the bottom right corner. This is from a street light.

It is made of a stack of about 9 X 60Sec images taken using my 450D.

If successful can you provide some advice on the steps required to bring out some of the detail.

Thanks in advance

Lee.

post-13372-133877390332_thumb.jpg

I beg to differ about the quality of your data. I tried a few PS tricks but there is a lot of skyglow and very little signal. If you really have a bright light in the corner of the frame I would try some form of shielding around the camera. Also longer exposures.

Dennis

Thanks for the advice guys, I have tried the PS tricks and came to the same concluson as Dennis.

I'll try again.

Lee.

I'd be interested to see the image after your Photoshop tweaks as although the original is pretty washed out by LP and affected by what looks like a cloud layer it may not be a complete loss.

Just by applying Auto Levels to the original more detail starts to appear and use of the Exposure tool,Gamma control, helps a bit more but there does seem to be a lack of colour once the 'sky glow' is reduced. Perhaps a cropped version favouring the top right section might work?

P.S. Sorry, pictures have appeared in the wrong order!

post-13495-133877390468_thumb.jpg

post-13495-133877390475_thumb.jpg

Having tried all of the above this is the current result.

Very over processed...

I think I will try this shot again but from a darker site with longer exposurse.

Thanks for the input :)

Lee

post-13372-133877391385_thumb.jpg

Archived