Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

What a faff around canon mov format is

Anybody else having problems trying to convert movies in the MOV format Canon uses for HD? The software that comes with the camera is useless in this respect (ZoomBrowser EX keeps crashing with an error 'Zb Module has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience') everytime I try to export to avi to move over to Registax.

I've even got a ticket back from Canon support...maybe a bug.

Keithp

Noope, neither of those would prepare an avi that registax would work with. The only method I've got left is the 'old one' I use to use to get 264H stuff down to avi to watch on the media player for the tv. Shame really as the ability to take hd at 720p and 1080p would allow alot more detail to come out in Registax...I think.

Ah well, I'll keep looking and trying and post anything I find.

Regards

Keithp

Have you tried avidemux?

You should be able to strip out the video and put it into an avi file without converting it. I don't know if registax can handle h264 format files though.

you cuold try saving it as uncompressed video if you have the space. (5GB per minute :)) registax has no problem with that.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally found something that converts the canon proprietry format MOV files into avi that registax 4 and 5 can read

AVS Video Converter.

Here is the moon from a couple of weeks ago stiched up in ICE from MS.

Shame about the missing bits.. but there you go

Regards

Keithp

post-15528-133877394743_thumb.jpg

Archived