NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Anyone else experience this Registax5 problem?

Kokatha man

Thought I'd put this query here: I find myself regularly moving from R4 to R5 and back again.....not because I don't like R5 but because it seems to constantly throw up this particular foible when processing planetary images.

Despite doing all the appropriate things such as ticking the debayering box and GB etc, after the intial "align" function (where the planet takes on a greenish appearance during this alignment procedure but finishes with the planet in its correct colours) I hit "Limit" after choosing the number of frames I wish to retain.

I then create a reference frame mostly using the default number of 50 frames (unless I'm dealing with a poor avi where I don't have a decent number of frames in the total stack.)

Once I start this "create reference frame" process the planet image turns MONO and from thence onwards it stays as a mono image.....it is very frustrating particularly as if I close R5 and use R4 and do the same procedures I DO NOT have this problem and have a correct colour image all through the rest of the program....!

This problem seems to be pretty consistant and previously I asked Cor some questions but he could not give an explanation, and could only eventually tell me that "no-one else had reported this particular problem".....I have tried on several pc's with several different avi's etc but it still KEEPS HAPPENING!!!

I will contact Cor again as it is a few months since I last emailed him but thought I'd put this out on the forums and see what others may think/know or have found themselves.....I believe I'm running v5.0.2.8 although it comes up upon opening as Registax5Beta.....but this is acknowledged as a "quirk" in v5.0.2.8 that has not been attended to.....anyone have any answers?????

Here's a sample from this morning that "went mono-feral on me" as I rehashed a Joop from Saturday night.....using resampling for image size (but resampling has nothing to do with it I might add - it does it regardless!!!)

I put this image in for a bit of pizazz!:):eek::)

post-16205-133877389458_thumb.jpg

Could it be a Codec problem? i.e. is your camera a slightly off-normal file format.

Have you tried converting the AVI to bmps (using VirtualDub) and loading the bitmaps into Registax 5 instead of the AVI?

Just a thought.

Nah Michael.....it is the standard Y800 format that these cameras use, and there should be no reason for R4 to function where R5 won't....!

Thanks for replying though.....it's hard to pin these sorts of issues down: I know quite a few people have difficulties with R5 but think that for most it is easier to put it in the "too hard" basket and switch back to a registax that works - and I guess I've also taken that path as well: though as I said there are some (newer) features on R5 that I'd like to employ - bitmapping is something I've done my share of, but don't see the point with a OSC unit where the tracking is fine and alignment itself raises no issues....!:):rolleyes::)

Archived