NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

And yet another new scope!

:D

This is what I call good timing, just found out to day that there is a Helios ( Skywatcher ) 102 mm F9.8 on an EQ3-2 going begging, and it's mine if I can find the person an easier scope to use :D

It has sat in a living room for the last 4 years, been used once, the rest just as an ornament.

Just got to get on to the mainland and pick it up :lol:

The good timing bit is that I wont be able to use it until August, until the dark returns, so the clouds will have been fooled heeeheeheehee :lol:

naz :D

Sounds like a good deal to me, Naz. But now we know who to blame for the bad weather in Orkney, Caithness and Sutherland over the next few weeks. I am off to Norway in about a week - if the weather is bad on that side of the North Sea, I know who's fault it is.

Give us a report when you get the 'scope and give us your first impressions.

Tom

It could be 3 to 4 weeks before I pick it up, so it should not effect your trip to Norway Tom. It will coinside with the 24 hours of daylight through June, and I can not be blamed for ruining the summer up here, we had that on Wednesday last week, with clear skies and temps up in to 23 C.

WOW :D

Yes Steve it's the old combination pre-blue tube, I know that there is the standard ep's, but not sure wether there is a barlow or if the polar alignment scope is fitted. Should hopefully be OK as a planetry scope

naz :D

Archived