NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Vincent's Bubble

Tim

Vincent was kind enough to share his Bubble Nebula hyperstar data last week.

http://stargazerslounge.com/imaging-deep-sky/84307-bubble-nebula-ngc7635.html#post1259216

After applying a false flat via Pixinsight LE, and running it through a few layers, this is the best I could come up with. The Hyperstar has really caught the brightness of the stars, and quite a bit of the very very faint background Ha emission, but this would need several more hours of longer exposures to bring it out properly I feel. I have tried to emphasise the darker areas around the nebula where the Ha emission is less, but the whole area has a lot of it really, it shows up as noise mostly in the red channel.

Vincent, the tiff you sent didnt have the RGB channels aligned properly, you can select that option in DSS, although tweaking the alignment in PS is not much trouble. Also, the stars are a little elongated across the image, a little movement or flexure maybe?

At any rate, the kit is showing its potential nicely, and I think you can look forward to many more nice images to come. I bet the hyperstar would do a superb job on the globs and clusters, and even M52 which is just off to the side of your image here.

Thanks for sharing the data.

Tim

post-14037-133877389227_thumb.jpg

You have certainly brought out the background shades and squeezed abit more out of the Bubble. It is great to share data on cloudy nights - part of the learning process and keeps your skills honed. JohnH.

Thanks a lot Tim, thats a lovely improvement. Have PM'd you for sharing the processed TIF.

As discussed, there does seem to be some problem in obtaining Ha data if a CLS filter is used. Have posted here http://stargazerslounge.com/equipment-help/84646-light-pollution-filter-narrowband-filter-hyperstar.html

Not sure why RGB channels are not aligned. Can that happen while using a one-shot colour camera? I use a Starlight Express M8C. The FITS images that come out need to be debayered though. I do it in MaximDL. Where is the option in DSS that takes care of aligning RGB channels?

Yes there is a bit of trailing in the verical direction. Its either flexure or its mirror movement as the scope moves in RA.

I'll try the setup on a gloular and see if comes out outstanding. Maybe I'll even piggyback my ED80 on the C8 hyperstar, and do parallel imaging, just to compare.

Thanks,

Vincent.

Archived