NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Linking my ETX-70 to my laptop question

Remember guys and gals that i am still very new and still finding my feet, so here goes, i have managed to connect my ETX-70 to my laptop and i am using "starrynight pro". everything works fine but my question is going to sound so dumb.........do i align the telescope before connecting it to "starrynight pro" only there does not seem to be an align button function on the software program.

Hi I would have thought that it would certainly need to be in the home position "Don't know", as I have not actualy connected upto Starry night Pro (theres a thought May try that soon never been tempted in the past ) do you connect into the hand controller I wonder? Mmmmmmmmm

As a guess, i would say that, unless the 'scope is aligned, neither it nor the computer will have the faintest idea where it is pointed. Therefore you need to set it up. I would think that you should attach the cable prior to starting Starry Night so that it can see that the 'scope is there on starting.

Bear in mind that I don't know anything about your kit, it just seems logical.

Captain Chaos

Align the scope first. Then goto something (eg. Arcturus) and get it dead centre. Fire up SN, connect to the scope then find Arcturus. Point at it with the mouse, right click. Left click on Synchronise. Confirm and you're away.

Arthur

Archived