NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Skywatcher LPR

Milliways

I was wandering (as i have seen the price of a skywatcher LPR) if they work well with imaging? as i will get the 2" soley for that purpose :) i cant believe how cheap they are!! but is that a bad or a good thing:rolleyes:

I've been using one for my images with the C80ED... Ok, my skies aren't actually too bad, but I'm sure it helps. I don't have a comparison image with and without though.. I've also just got a suitable fit step ring to fit my 50mm camera lens... So now I can do some LX on the HEQ5 with it.

Actually what I do have....

This was shot with the kit lens and no filters

milkywaypano.jpg

This was shot using the Skywather LP filter, mix of 10 and 20 minutes subs

m51-1920-nodarks-cropsmall.jpg

Neither image has had LP removal tools run on them.

HTH

I was wandering (as i have seen the price of a skywatcher LPR) if they work well with imaging? as i will get the 2" soley for that purpose :) i cant believe how cheap they are!! but is that a bad or a good thing:rolleyes:

Like you I was needing a 2" LPR, was using a 1.25" Baader LP filter so decided to give the Skywatcher one a go as it was cheap and worth a punt. I find it quite effective from my location just west of Glasgow with relatively bad LP.

I now use it to image all the time and find it well worth the money that is not saying a CLS or IDAS would not be better but well worth a try and a fraction of the cost, my LP is mostly Low Pressure Sodium (Orange glow) and it works well.

I image with an unmodded Canon EOS 400D and ED80 scope, images in my album here " Stargazers Lounge - brendant's Album: Brendan's Astro ". Most of the DSO imager are taken with the Skywatcher LP filter.

Brendan

Archived