NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

More Podcast info

AstroTiger

for those waiting for my reviews to be posted

I noticed on itunes there are some more podcasts

OU now has one on astronomy and other related fields.

to get into it i think its best to subscribe free to itunes, then its available for free download.

some interesting titles, i am downloading all as we speak.

you know that book review forum might seriously be a good idea as it can also cover things like this :-)

• 1 year later...

Hi

I thought I'd bump this thread and ask if there are any new podcasts that folk listen too. I was listening to the night sky podcast last night whilst watching the heavens. I have tried the jodcast one, but its too intelligent for me.

Any other good amateur astromony podcasts I can download?

pete

inthehills

• 3 weeks later...

I got fed up with iTunes and even my podder. They should be able to do what I can do but better/quicker etc, but they rarely do. The My podder site alone is great to use to see what podcasts are about and where to get them from.

I am a bit of a radio freak of old and MP3s are my modern vice. I often just right-click but I very recently discovered (last 3 days) and am now using something called Radio Downloader (use Google and nerdoftheherd) for catching my podcasts (and downloading Auntie's finest radio shows, even when they are not actual podcasts :)). You can add the RSS feed directly (by copying from the podcast's page somewhere), select episodes etc. For an expat like me, it means I can also grab the Archers, Book at Bedtime etc (:) don't criticise: an expat in foreign climes is not always to be envied - it's been awfully cloudy here for almost two weeks!)

astronomy.com podcasts did seem a bit glitchy the other night - I usually go straight to the site (I'll paste the link in later from my other pc - going directly to astronomy.com you end up getting redirected to a login page most times, but there is a direct door to the podcasts)

sky and telescope, also short and sweet.

SkyandTelescope.com - Sky Tour Podcasts

astronomy agogo has some great podcasts (look in the archives, the producer seems to get behind with current podcasts of late) with almost an hour of night time guided tours.

Astronomy a Go Go!

OK a fair bit of blah blah too ... I have to confess I mainly listen to them on cloudy nights (and when I can't sleep! She justs lulls me off!) but there is an awful lot of good info and great if you are star hopping. (LOL just remembered that they are great for sleep BUT there is a musical interlude in the middle that can get you well awake!)

NASA has both video and audio podcasts:

NASA - NASA Podcasting

Astronomy cast has loads of downloadables. (You will have to overlook some of the grating American grammar)

Astronomy Cast

I mostly find the jodcast a bit dull (and a bit 'how can we postgrads spend the night?') but depends how the mood takes me.

I have yet to listen to these but:

The OU podcasts are at

Podcasts - Physics and Astronomy - Astronomy - The Open University

If you click on track description, there is " action_save.gif Click to save a local copy of this track's media"

Yale open courses at

Downloads — Open Yale Courses

(not sure why it appears as downloads — but anyway, the link does work!)

and an online jobbie for cloudy nights

HubbleSite - Tonight's Sky: February 2011

Just to be getting on with!

Direct astronomy.com podcasts (working fine when added here)

http://www.astronomy.com/podcasts

• 3 months later...

My Favourites ......

Naked Science and Naked Astronomy;

Naked Scientists Science Podcasts and Science Radio Shows

and ........

Are We Alone; (soon to be Big Picture Science)

Are We Alone? Science radio for thinking species

But there's more ....

365 Days of Astronomy;

Category: Podcast

Astronomy Cast;

Astronomy Cast

Planetary Radio;

Subjects - Planetary Radio | The Planetary Society

Under British Skies;

Under British Skies | *AFM*Radio

Star Talk Radio Show;

Archive | StarTalk Radio Show