Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Long Late night Pays Off with Double Galaxy

AztecastroMcJ

Wow still on high 2day after viewing M31 and M32 last night, 2 Galaxies in same FOV :rolleyes:

having viewed M31 other night, and had done some viewing of area on stellarium to see where other messier objects where etc,

(looked on stellarium like it would be impossible to view M32 due to it being so close to M31,on stellarium it was slightly to right of M31 underneath but very close)

but M110 looked a possability as this was above and seemed to have more distance therefore i presumed would be easier to spot.

So After a quick view of Jupiter about midnight clouds appeared :) after hr of patchy large clouds total clear sky Wow :hello2:what a difference

started alignmnent then started some viewing of my usual subjects D.stars and Neb M57 n M27,

everthing seemed really clear and poss got my best view of M27 yet,

then sent scope to M31 using my handset unfortuneately Goto wasn't accurate here so i did have to manually skew to it

on the way i bumped in to M32 :) thought at 1st M31 had shrunk a bit but when skewing abit further upwards the much larger and more obvious M31 appeared

decided to use my very helpful PAE feature which i have just started to use recently,

centred on M31 then skewed back down asked handset to identify and it confirmed it was M32(not expected)

but i was still shocked when my Goto confirmed several times i had found M32 and yes i could see M31 at same time,

using my 25mm in same field of view although neither where in centre of FOV,

M32 was in bottom left hand corner(using star diagonal) and M31 much larger was above and to right of M32 in top right corner,

when viewing some light clouds past by yet it was still very easy to notice both M31 and M32 they both stood out really well.

looking at my FOV notes my 25mm with (50*FOV)x60mag gives me EP FOV of 40 Arc seconds or 0.8degree (think thats right)

i did try in find M110 above using my handset and scanning about but wouldn't like to confirm anything yet (maybe saw something)

hanset sez its lower mag than M32 (shud b bit brighter) so dont know how it didn't look obvious,

last time i was viewing around M31 didn't notice M32 either so maybe i will see M110 next time.

Overall def worth puting up with few clouds got another view of Jupiter between 3-4am seen Europa touching or very close, another 1st

(looked like it was joined to planet(lol) nearest i have seen a moon to planet Jupiter so far !

called it a nite at 4.30am in bright twilight.

Archived