NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Planetry Images for Processing

If you need some Planetry images processing or general tips on this then this is the place to post em!

The aim of this thread is to teach new imagers the basics and more advance aspects of image processing by using examples of there images to show what can be obtained by what at first may seem a poor image but alas the details hidden will be revealed.

Software covered will in all likeliness be Photoshop, Registax and Image Plus but simpler programmes can be covered if the softwares like photoshop are not available to the imager.

Kind Regards

James :D

Thanks Martin, yeah i hope to emply that soon mate :D

Hopefully some of the newer members to Astrohpotography will find it a great learning process after images been shown HOW TO PROCESS them :D

James

• 2 weeks later...

Gordon, your image is nothing like as bad as you think it is. The fringe is very easily sorted out in Registax using the RGB shift, as Arthur once pointed out to me. Once you have stacked you will come into the wavelets section. There is a tab on the right - RGB. Just use estimate RGB shift, wait for it to process and hey presto. I think you are pushing things too far with F36. Aim for low 20s. Use the set up that gave you F18 but pull the barlow out a little. Here is your F36 pic. I am no good at tweaking beyond registax. Did you use the wavelets at all - it is worth having a play with the sliders - can bring out a lot of detail.

image.jpg

Archived